Are you an experienced and qualified Head Chef based in Brigg, North Lincolnshire who’s looking for a new challenge?
The White Hart Inn, Brigg are looking for a full time experienced and qualified Head Chef to organise the kitchens activities. You’ll be the first in command in the facilities and will create and inspect dishes before they arrive at the customers ensuring high quality and contentment.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities.
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
- Approve and polish dishes before they reach the customer.
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages.
- Arrange for repairs when necessary. Remedy any problems or defects.
- With senior management, be in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff.
- Oversee the work of subordinates.
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations.
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards. These include but are not restricted to: Licensing Laws, Trade Descriptions Act, Weights and Measures Act, Food Hygiene Regulations, Health & Safety at Work, COSHH and Manual Handling Regulations.
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers.
- Proven experience as Head Chef.
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management.
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress. Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes.
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- Credentials in health and safety training.
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate.
If you would like to apply, then please visit the Dalmatian Job Board.