£30,000 per annum
Salary Dependent Upon Experience
This is an exciting time to join Mansfield and Ashfield 2020. As one of the region’s largest and most successful employer networking groups, the organisation has ambitious plans for its future, including the growth and development of its employer membership base from all corners of the local area.
The post holder will be expected to take on all operational responsibility for the realisation of the boards vision and to lead a proactive and engaging strategy for marketing and communicating with local employers.
With exceptional communication and organisational skills, the post-holder will be expected to act as the face of Mansfield and Ashfield 2020 and will represent the company at local events and forums as well as working with board members to influence the agenda for the benefit of local business.
As the local voice of business, the post-holder may be called upon to provide comment on general business news to a range of media outlets or brief board members on the messaging and press and media strategy for the company.
As well as externally facing responsibilities the post-holder will be expected to ensure that the back office runs efficiently and effectively, that finances are managed in a way that maximises profitability and systems and processes support timely invoicing and debt collection.
Self-motivated, confident and articulate this role would suit someone with clear skills in business development with the drive and determination to ensure the success and profile of Mansfield and Ashfield 2020 goes from strength to strength.
An ability to work effectively with a range of board members and external stakeholders is essential as is a passion for making a difference to the prosperity and success of the Mansfield and Ashfield communities.
a) To oversee and line manage staff employed to work within the Mansfield and Ashfield 2020 offices. To delegate tasks to colleagues as appropriate.
b) To be responsible for the effective and efficient management of budgets.
c) To ensure that administrative systems and processes are efficient and effective and support the operations of Mansfield and Ashfield 2020.
d) To work with board members and in particular the Chair person to devise and develop a strategic direction for Mansfield and Ashfield 2020 and develop and implement operational plans to achieve this broad strategic vision.
e) To take the lead on growing Mansfield and Ashfield 2020 membership numbers and ensuring the retention of existing members.
f) To take the lead on all marketing and communications activities, working with external suppliers as needed and as agreed by the board.
g) To lead on the coordination and management of monthly breakfast meetings, including promotion, communication, writing the script and securing guest speakers and sponsorship.
h) To lead on specific events and activities that further the aims of the business this will include but not be limited to an annual business awards event.
i) Work with directors to ensure that the voice of business is heard in local forums and with local agencies.
j) To represent the views of Mansfield and Ashfield 2020 at external meetings and events as appropriate and as agreed by the Chair person.
2.2 Other Responsibilities
a) To uphold and promote company policies and procedures.
b) To keep up to date, so far as necessary, for the efficient executing of the job, with new legislation, procedures and techniques and attend relevant training as needed.
c)To present and promote an appropriate public image in representing the company.
d)To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required commensurate with the post.
Skills, Qualities & Knowledge
- Of graduate calibre with relevant academic qualifications or significant work experience within related areas.
- Maths to at least level 2 (or willing to work towards)
- English to at least level 2 (or willing to work towards)
- IT qualifications and or experience.
Experience / Essential
- Significant experience of business development and/or marketing and communications.
- Experience of planning and implementing successful strategies for engaging businesses.
- Experience of the effective management of budget and people resources to gain maximum impact.
- Experience of working with external agencies/organisations and being the representative for a company at external meetings and events.
- An understanding of the local community and the context for business within Mansfield and Ashfield.
- Critical thinking and the ability to provide creative and workable solutions to issues as and when they arise.
- Excellent communication skills including knowledge of negotiation and sales techniques
- Ability to build positive relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to plan and prioritise a demanding and heavy workload.
Skills and Knowledge / Essential
- The ability to influence a range of stakeholders including board members and local businesses.
Qualities/Approach linked to college values
- Have the ability to motivate others through a clear vision and personal action.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work largely on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Positive attitude.
- The ability to remain calm in challenging situations
Terms & Conditions
a) The post is offered on a permanent contract and is subject to 6 months probationary review.
b) The salary will be up to £30,000 depending on skills and experience.
c)You will be required to work 37 hours per week ensuring cover in the office 5 days per week.
Private Pension Scheme.
To apply, please visit the Dalmatian job board.