Last Christmas, Dalmatian collected 127 shoeboxes for the homeless, all of which were donated to the Mansfield Soup Kitchen. This year we are doing it again, only with a slight Christmas twist!
This is an appeal that was close to the heart of our founder Ken Trinder, who sadly died from cancer in 2017 and his daughters Katie and Lucy, who now run Dalmatian want to continue doing this in his honour, and in true Ken Style they want to make it BIGGER, BETTER and ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY!
So instead of shoeboxes, we are asking that you buy a pair of socks and fill one of them with items and use the other as a stopper. That way everything will be put to good use.
These are some suggested items, although obviously we’re not expecting you to buy everything on the list, just whatever you can afford.
- Alcohol free mouthwash.
- Pocket tissues.
- Pocket wet wipes.
- Chewing gum.
- Non medicated cough sweets.
- Chocolate bar.
- Cereal/flapjack bar.
- Hand warmers.
- Foot warmers.
- Foil blanket.
- Lipsol Snacks or sweets.
- Wool hat.
- Mini hand cream
- Dog treats / toys / lead / collar / dog bowl
Please DO NOT include any alcohol based products (mouthwash / hand sanitiser) or razors.
If you’d like to make a donation, then please drop the items off at one of our collection points.
- Ransom Wood Business Park, Mansfield, NG21 0HJ.
- Futures for Business, 52-54 Westgate, Mansfield, NG18 1RR
- Acorn Signs, Oaktree Business Park, Mansfield, NG18 3HQ.
- Sandy’s Bar and Kitchen, Mansfield Town Football Club, NG18 5DA.
- Mansfield Business Centre, Ashfield Avenue, NG18 2AE.
- Tips to Toes Salon, Market Place, Sutton, NG17 1AQ.
- One Stop, Madeline Court, Mansfield, NG18 4XW
We will be arranging to collect and drop everything off at the Mansfield Soup Kitchen on Friday 13thDecember.
We just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who has supported this so far.
If you’d like more information, then please feel free to call our office on (01623) 287880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org